Creating a device group
Use the Create button to create a new device group:
- Select a Group Type:
- Static Group — A static group is any logical grouping of a fixed set of devices. You can use static groups to view group level dashboards, define alarms, and run reports on a specific set of devices.
NOTE: A device can belong to multiple static groups.
- Config Group — A config group consists of devices in which a template defines and maintains configuration settings. If a user changes any device setting that is configured in the template, the template is reapplied, and the device reverts to template settings.
NOTE: A device can belong to only one config group.
- Group Name — Enter a name for the group.
- Template Name — If you are creating a config group, select a template from the drop-down list.
- Select Devices — Select the devices you want included in the group. NOTE: Devices in a config group must have the same model and firmware version as the template.
- Click Save. The group appears in the list.