Adding devices to a group
You can add a single device or multiple devices to an existing group, or you can create a new group. Check the box next to the device(s) and click the Add to Group Reset button. The Add to Group dialog appears:
To add the device(s) to an existing group, select the group and click Add.
To create a new group, select Create New Group.
- Group Type — Select either Static Group or Config Group.
- Static Group: A static group is any logical grouping of a fixed set of devices. You can use static groups to view group level dashboards, define alarms, and run reports on a specific set of devices.
NOTE: A device can belong to multiple static groups.
- Config Group: A config group consists of devices in which a template defines and maintains configuration settings. If a user changes any device setting that is configured in the template, the template is reapplied, and the device reverts to template settings.
NOTE: A device can belong to only one config group.
- Group Name — Enter a name for the group.
- Template Name — If you are creating a config group, select a template name from the drop-down list.
- Click Add.