Guest Network tab
The Wi-Fi guest network allows you to segregate traffic to a separate network rather than share access to your Wi-Fi primary network. Use settings on this tab to set up or change Wi-Fi guest network information. Connected devices must use the Wi-Fi settings shown on this screen to connect to the guest FX3100 Wi-Fi network.
IMPORTANT: To turn the Wi-Fi guest network on, you must select at least one band for Guest Network under Band Selection on the Wi-Fi Settings tab and then select Save Changes.
Guest Network Name (SSID): Enter a guest network name (SSID) to set up or change the guest network name. The name can be up to 32 characters long.
Security: Select an option for Wi-Fi security:
- WPA3/WPA2 Transition is the most secure method of Wi-Fi Protected Access and should be used, if possible, for WPA2 and WPA3 compliant devices.
- WPA3 PSK can be used for WPA3 devices.
- WPA 3 Open Enhanced provides encryption and privacy on open networks that are not password-protected and can be used for WPA3 devices.
- WPA/WPA2 Mixed Mode can be used if some of your older devices do not support WPA2.
- WPA2 AES PSK can be used for WPA2 devices.
- Open allows others to monitor your Wi-Fi traffic and use your data plan to access the internet. NOTE: Avoid using this option.
Password: Enter a Wi-Fi password, or you can use the Generate New Password button.
CAUTION! It is critical that you change the password from the default and use a different password from your Admin or primary network password to keep the device and your network secure.
Generate New Password: This button inserts a strong random password in the Password field.
You can click the eye icon to view the password.
Broadcast guest network name (SSID): When checked, this allows the Wi-Fi guest network to be displayed in the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your connected devices. If unchecked, this network is not visible to connected devices.
Wi-Fi privacy separation: When checked, each connected device on this network is isolated from all other connected devices. This provides additional security if some connected devices are unknown or not completely trusted.
Select Save Changes.