Connected Devices page
This page provides details about each device connected to the FX3100 and allows you to edit how device names appear in the UI. You can also block or unblock a device from internet access.
Connected: The number of devices currently connected to your FX3100.
The table lists all devices connected to the FX3100:
- Connection: An icon indicates the connection type for each device. (You can hover over the icon to read the type of connection.)
- Device: The name of the connected device is usually the hostname set on the connected device. In rare cases, the hostname may be unavailable.
- Network: Indicates whether the device is connected to the primary or guest network, or through Ethernet or USB.
- Block: Select this box to disconnect a device and prevent it from reconnecting. Select Save Changes. The device is removed from the Connected list and appears in the Blocked list below. NOTE: This option is available for each device connected through Wi-Fi but is not available for your own device or devices connected via Ethernet or USB.
To view details on a device or change the name of the device as it appears in this web UI, click the down arrow on the right to expand the device row. The following information appears:
- Name: To change how the device name appears in this UI, enter a different name. NOTE: This only changes the device name in the UI in which it is changed.
- IPv4: The IP address of the connected device.
- MAC Address: The MAC Address (unique network identifier for this connected device).
- Link Local: The Link-Local IPv6 address if the connected device supports IPv6.
Click the up arrow to collapse the row.
This section lists all devices blocked from connecting to the FX3100.
NOTE: Since blocked devices are not currently connected, they do not have an IP address. Instead, they are identified by their name and MAC address.
To unblock a blocked device, uncheck the Block checkbox and select Save Changes. The device is removed from the Blocked list and appears in the Connected list above.