VM deployment guide
To deploy to VMware ESXi, follow these steps:
1. Open ESXI and click Create/Register VM to launch the creation wizard.
2. Select Deploy a virtual machine from an OVF or OVA file as the creation type and click Next.
3. Enter a name for the virtual machine and select or drag and drop the OVF and VMDK files. You can obtain these files from your Sales representative. Click Next.
NOTE: If you have an older ESXi host that does not support VM Hardware version 17, you can extract the OVA and edit the field in the OVF to version 12. Upload the files you edited.
4. Select an appropriate datastore and click Next.
5. Place VM NIC into appropriate VM Network per your planning worksheet and organization’s security policies. Generally, a DMZ is sufficient.
NOTE: You may need to open ports to allow communications to DNS and internal AD servers for authentication functions.
For disk provisioning, you can choose either thick or thin disks. Click Next.
6. Review your settings and click Finish to deploy VM.