Inseego Connect services agreement
Consent to use your personal information with Inseego Application Service
Inseego Application Services terms and conditions
Last Modified: June 1, 2021
These Inseego Application Services Terms and Conditions (this "Agreement") is a binding contract between you ("Customer", "you", or "your") and Inseego Corp. ("Provider", "we", or "us"). This Agreement governs your access to and use of the Services (as defined below).
THIS AGREEMENT TAKES EFFECT WHEN YOU CLICK THE CHECKBOX BELOW OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES (the "Effective Date"). BY CLICKING THE CHECKBOX BELOW OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND, IF ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT FOR AN ORGANIZATION, THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND THAT ORGANIZATION; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE CHECKBOX BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
(a) "Authorized User" means You and Your employees, consultants, contractors, and agents (i) who are authorized by You to access and use the Services under the rights granted to You pursuant to this Agreement and (ii) for whom access to the Services has been acquired or purchased hereunder.
(b) "Customer Data" means, other than Aggregated Statistics, information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of You or any other Authorized User through the Services, including through the use of any Provider Device.
(c) "Documentation" means Provider's user manuals and guides relating to the Services provided by Provider to You either electronically or in hard copy form.
(d) "Provider Device" means a hardware device acquired from Provider or from an authorized supplier for use in connection with the Services.
(e) "Provider IP" means the Services, the Documentation, and all intellectual property provided to You or any other Authorized User in connection with the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, Provider IP includes Aggregated Statistics and any information, data, or other content derived from Provider's monitoring of Your access to or use of the Services, but does not include Customer Data.
(f) "Services" means the network-based or cloud-based software applications and services that refer to and/or require compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
(g) "Third-Party Products" means any products, content, services, information, websites, or other materials that are owned by third parties and are incorporated into or accessible through the Services.
- Access and Use.
(a) Provision of Access. Subject to your payment of applicable Fees and compliance with all other terms and conditions of this Agreement, Provider hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right to access and use the Services and Documentation during the Term (as defined below) solely for your personal or internal business operations by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Provider shall provide you the necessary passwords and access credentials to allow you to access the Services.
(b) Downloadable Software. Use of the Services may require or include use of downloadable software for updates. In addition, the Services may automatically download and install updates. Updates may take the form of bug fixes, new features, or new versions. You agree to receive such updates as part of your use of the Services. Provider grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, limited right for Authorized Users to use such software provided as part of the Services. Any Third-Party Products that consist of downloadable software are subject to these terms.
(c) Use Restrictions. You shall not, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to, use the Services, any software component of the Services, or Documentation for any purposes beyond the scope of the access granted in this Agreement. You shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services, any software component of the Services, or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation except as expressly permitted under this Agreement; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; (v) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law, regulation, or rule; or (vi) use the Services with any devices other than Provider Devices.
(d) Aggregated Statistics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may monitor Your use of the Services and collect and compile data and information related to Your use of the Services to be used by Provider in an aggregated and anonymized manner, including without limitation, to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of the Services (collectively, "Aggregated Statistics"). As between Provider and You, all right, title, and interest in Aggregated Statistics, and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Provider. You acknowledge that Provider may compile Aggregated Statistics based on Customer Data input into the Services or collected through the use of the Services. You agree that Provider may (i) make Aggregated Statistics publicly or privately available in compliance with applicable law, and (ii) use Aggregated Statistics to the extent and in the manner permitted under applicable law; provided that such Aggregated Statistics do not identify You or Your Confidential Information. Provider’s rights in and to Aggregated Statistics shall survive any termination of this Agreement, regardless of the reason for any such termination.
(e) Reservation of Rights. Provider reserves all rights not expressly granted to You in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to You or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Provider IP. Provider also reserves the right, without notice and for any reason, to discontinue the offering of all or any portion of the Services.
(f) Acceptable Use Restrictions. Without limiting the above in any way, you must not: (i) use the Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by using another user’s account, or by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the Services ; (ii) infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any relevant licensor or any third party through your use of the Services; (iii) transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to using the Services; (iv) use the Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; or (v) not collect or harvest any information or data from any Services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Services.
(g) Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may temporarily suspend Your and any other Authorized User's access to any portion or all of the Services if: (i) Provider reasonably determines that (A) there is a threat or attack on any of the Provider IP; (B) Your or any other Authorized User's use of the Provider IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Provider IP or to any other customer or vendor of Provider; (C) You or any other Authorized User is using the Provider IP for fraudulent or illegal activities or otherwise violates the Acceptable Use Restrictions; (D) subject to applicable law, You have ceased to continue Your business in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of its assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or similar proceeding; or (E) Provider's provision of the Services to You or any other Authorized User is prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of Provider has suspended or terminated Provider's access to or use of any third-party services or products required to enable You to access the Services; or (iii) in accordance with Section 5 (any such suspension described in subclause (i), (ii), or (iii), a "Service Suspension"). Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide written notice of any Service Suspension to You and to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Services following any Service Suspension. Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Services Suspension is cured. Provider will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of or profits), or any other consequences that You or any other Authorized User may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
- Your Responsibilities.
(a) Acceptable Use Policy. The Services may not be used for unlawful, fraudulent, offensive, or obscene activity. You will comply with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and all guidelines, standards, and requirements that may be published by Provider from time to time.
(b) Account Use. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Documentation resulting from access provided by you, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, You are responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of this Agreement if taken by you will be deemed a breach of this Agreement by you. You shall use reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of this Agreement's provisions as applicable to such Authorized User's use of the Services and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.
(c) Customer Data. You hereby grant to Provider a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for Provider to provide the Services to you, and a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, and otherwise use and display Customer Data incorporated within the Aggregated Statistics. You will ensure that Customer Data and any Authorized User's use of Customer Data will not violate any policy or terms referenced in or incorporated into this Agreement or any applicable law. You are solely responsible for the development, content, operation, maintenance, and use of Customer Data.
(d) Passwords and Access Credentials. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and access credentials associated with the Services confidential. You will not sell or transfer them to any other person or entity. You will promptly notify us about any unauthorized access to your passwords or access credentials.
(e) Third-Party Products. The Services may permit access to Third-Party Products. For purposes of this Agreement, such Third-Party Products are subject to their own terms and conditions presented to you for acceptance within the Services by website link or otherwise. If you do not agree to abide by the applicable terms for any such Third-Party Products, then you should not install, access, or use such Third-Party Products.
- Support. Except as may be specified herein, this Agreement does not entitle You to any support for the Services.
- Fees. Access to the Services shall be subject to the payment of any applicable fees that are agreed upon between You and Provider.
- Confidential Information. . From time to time during the Term, Provider and You may disclose or make available to the other party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other form or media/in written or electronic form or media, whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as "confidential" at the time of disclosure (collectively, "Confidential Information"). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving party; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving party. The receiving party shall not disclose the disclosing party's Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving party's employees, agents, or subcontractors who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder and who are required to protect the Confidential Information in a manner no less stringent than required under this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a party's rights under this Agreement, including to make required court filings, or (iii) if Services are provided to You in connection with other products or services You receive from a third party (for example services subscribed from a wireless service carrier or system operator), Provider shall be entitled to share Your Confidential Information with such third party as required by the third party in order for Provider to provide the Services to you. Each party's obligations of non-disclosure with regard to Confidential Information are effective as of the date such Confidential Information is first disclosed to the receiving party and will expire five years thereafter; provided, however, with respect to any Confidential Information that constitutes a trade secret (as determined under applicable law), such obligations of non-disclosure will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for as long as such Confidential Information remains subject to trade secret protection under applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback. As between you and us, (a) we own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Services and (b) you own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to Your Customer Data. If you or any of your employees, contractors, or agents sends or transmits any communications or materials to us by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Services, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like ("Feedback"), we are free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between you and us governing such Feedback. All Feedback is and will be treated as non-confidential. You hereby assign to us on your behalf, and shall cause your employees, contractors, and agents to assign, all right, title, and interest in, and we are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you or any third party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although we are not required to use any Feedback.
- Limited Warranty and Warranty Disclaimer.
(a) Provider warrants that it provides Services using a commercially reasonable level of care and skill. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY, AND PROVIDER STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, UPTIME OR ANY SERVICE LEVELS.
(b) EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(a), THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S OR ENTITY'S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
(a) Provider Indemnification.
(i) Provider shall indemnify, defend, and hold You harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees ("Losses"), incurred by You resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding ("Third-Party Claim") that the Services, or any use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party's US patents, copyrights, or trade secrets, provided that You promptly notifies Provider in writing of the Third-Party Claim, cooperates with Provider, and allows Provider sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such Third-Party Claim.
(ii) If such a Third-Party Claim is made or Provider anticipates such a Third-Party Claim will be made, You agree to permit Provider, at Provider's sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Services, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for You to continue use. If Provider determines that neither alternative is reasonably available, Provider may terminate this Agreement, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to You. This Section 10(a) sets forth your sole remedies and our sole liability and obligation for any actual, threatened, or alleged Third-Party Claims that the Services infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights of any third party.
(iii) This Section 10(a) will not apply to the extent that any such Third-Party Claim arises from Customer Data or Third-Party Products.
(b) Customer Indemnification. You shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at Provider's option, defend Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all Losses arising from or relating to any Third-Party Claim that the Customer Data, or any use of the Customer Data in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party's US intellectual property rights; provided that You may not settle any Third-Party Claim against Provider unless Provider consents to such settlement, and further provided that Provider will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of its own choice.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PROVIDER WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID TO PROVIDER BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE CORRESPONDING SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $1,000.00, WHICHEVER IS LESS. The exclusions and limitations in this Section 11 do not apply to the parties' obligations under Section 10.
- Term and Termination.
(a) Term. The term of this Agreement (the "Term") begins on the Effective Date and continues until terminated as set forth below.
(b) Termination. In addition to any other express termination right set forth in this Agreement:
(i) Provider may terminate this Agreement, for any reason upon notice following expiration of Your subscription for the corresponding Services, or for your failure to renew or pay applicable subscription fees.
(ii) either party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other party, if the other party materially breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured 30 (thirty) days after the non-breaching party provides the breaching party with written notice of such breach; or
(iii) either party may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice to the other party, if the other party: (A) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (B) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (C) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (D) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
(iv) if not earlier terminated, this Agreement shall automatically terminate upon the end-of-life of the Provider products for which the Services are provided.
(c) Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, You shall immediately discontinue use of the Provider IP. No expiration or termination of this Agreement will affect Your obligation to pay all Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle You to any refund.
(d) Survival. This Section 12(d), Sections 5, 6, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, and 17, and any right, obligation, or required performance of the parties in this Agreement which, by its express terms or nature and context is intended to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement, will survive any such termination or expiration.
- Modifications. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Agreement from time to time, and that modified terms become effective on posting. You will be notified of modifications through notifications or posts on direct email communication from us. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of the modifications will be deemed acceptance of the modified terms.
- Export Regulation. The Services utilize software and technology that may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Services or the software or technology included in the Services to, or make the Services or the software or technology included in the Services accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, regulation, or rule. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Services or the software or technology included in the Services available outside the US.
- US Government Rights. Each of the software components that constitute the Services and the Documentation is a "commercial item" as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation" as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. § 12.212. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Services and Documentation as are granted to all other end users, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. § 227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. § 227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. § 12.212, with respect to all other US Government customers and their contractors.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement or the rights granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California in each case located in San Diego County, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. Any notices to us must be sent to our corporate headquarters address available at www.inseego.com and must be delivered either in person, by certified mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid, or by recognized overnight courier service, and are deemed given upon receipt by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information, and other information concerning or related to the Services. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any provision herein does not affect any other provision herein or the validity, legality, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction. Any failure to act by us with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and will not limit our rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing will be void and without effect. We expressly reserve the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.